Monday, September 15, 2008

My First Post

Hey There! Whether you came over here from my other blog Tangled Me or found me by google, welcome to my brand new photoblog! I have a new camera. This is my new little darling: Nikon D60. With three adorable grand daughters, (one of them brand new!) and a tolerant doggy, and the fact I live in Utah, home of Life Elevated, I have camera fodder galore! I am brand new to this, so if you have any advice for me, please, please leave me anything you might think I will benefit from. I am also new to Adobe Photoshop, having been using Microsoft Digital Suite for like a decade. So if you have Photoshopping Skillz, I would love to hear from ya!
The pictures I am currently taking mostly involve my teeny tiny grand daughter. Newborns are so much fun to take pictures of. Once they are sleepy, you can put them anywhere, and they pretty much stay. Here are the latest. I would love it if you would tell me which one/s are your favorites and why. Also, as I mentioned, any advice, would be most welcome!

My newest fun place for props is the thrift store. I found this tiny laundry basket for three bucks, and with the material and the cord and clothes pins, less than 10$ altogether, for an idea I really enjoyed.
This first pic is not my favorite. One, I don't like that she has clothes on, and I don't like the way her face is facing. But that is just my thought on it. If you have a different one, share please! Pretty please?



This one I like better. In spite of the clothes, you get a better face.
















































14 comments:

Coach B. said...

I don't know if the Princess told you, but I too have been playing with photography. My partner and I call ourselves "Heart Beat Photography" Mostly seduction :) Women at the studio like burlesque and ligerie shots. It's fun.

I started using photoshop about three months ago. I love to make things black and white with a little color. You've probably already figured that out :)

Anyway, we post the shots on my partners site. You can see them at www.schoolofsexy.com under "sensual photo shoots"

I love your pictures!

Klynn said...

They're all wonderful, but my favorite of all of those pictures is the 3rd one from the bottom (DSC_0161). The angle, the positioning and the sweet little smile are all just perfect.

Kerry said...

Number 4 is by far my favorite. She looks so peaceful and all the props are just perfectly placed. It would make a great note card.

Kristina P. said...

I think they are all great! I love looking at other's photography. I'm glad there are people like you, to balance out sucky photographers like me. `

rychelle said...

i think the 4th one down is my fave.
=)

Jillene said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures! Like I said before I wish you lived closer--I would love you to take pics of my kids!

Miss Melissa said...

You really ARE trying to kill me with all that adorableness, aren't you?

Torina said...

Awww, babies aren't my thing but that one is so squishy cute. Nice work, Jo!

Gawdess said...

lovely work!
I will link to you from my photo blog!

Debz said...

i love all of them, but my favs are the ones where she is smiling. you can't beat that :)

Holly said...

I love the fourth picture, but the smiles are precious too. Can't wait to see more of your work.

Sarah said...

Surely you are framing some of these.

Bonnie the Boss said...

So cute, I love the smile ones the best!!

Cyndi said...

Oh we LOVE those!!! 'Can't narrow it down to a favorite, Jo, but I especially liked 054, 115 and 161. They're fabulous!!